How To Dropship From Amazon To Shopify In 2018
It’s surprising more entrepreneurs are not taking advantage of this method. Maybe because they are not even aware of it in the first place. That’s because technically it doesn’t exist. There is no direct dropshipping feature or option offered by Amazon, but there is a clever workaround.
Keep reading and follow along because you are just a few simple steps away from an Aha! moment.
1. First and foremost, you need a Shopify store. Obviously.
2. And an Amazon account. Let’s assume you already have both.
3. Browse around various Amazon product categories and best seller lists and brainstorm.
4. Make a Shopping List on Amazon and add the desired products your want listed in your store. MAKE SURE all the products you list are labeled as PRIME. Meaning the product lives in an Amazon warehouse and is fulfilled by Amazon directly and not a third party seller.
5. Add the products to your Shopify store manually along with product images, descriptions, etc.
6. Mark up the product’s price to a point you feel delivers a healthy profit margin with room to cover advertising cost to acquire customers.
7. Run organic or paid traffic advertisement campaigns via Facebook, Google Adwords, and Instagram Influencers.
8. Each time you get a sale, go to Amazon and order that same item for your customer.
9. When placing an order, make sure to “order as gift” by checking off the box in your shopping cart. This removes the price you payed from your customer’s invoice. You can and should also add a little personalized note from your store in the gift message section which will appear on the invoice.
10. Use your own billing address and email address. For the shipping information, put your customers address where you want the package delivered. Amazon will send the product directly to your customer without you ever touching it.
Rinse and repeat steps 7 through 10 and collect your profits.
- While you want to make sure all the products you choose to list on your online store from Amazon are Prime, do not, I repeat do not use your Amazon Prime Membership to abuse the free two day shipping. That is directly against Amazon policy and may result in termination of your Amazon account. Simply pay for shipping yourself (about $5 – $7 will cover most orders) and offset the cost by charging your customer shipping on your own shop.
- If you’re concerned whether or not your customer will receive an Amazon branded box, they will. The majority of consumers are fully aware of the dropshipping concept and don’t really care as long as they received their product. And if you include a personalized note on the gift invoice that mentions your brand, nine times out of ten the customer will assume your online business simply sells on Amazon too as so many other companies do. If they happen to ask, just say you use Amazon to house your products and fulfill your orders.
Thanks for reading our guide on how to dropship from Amazon to Shopify. We hope you gained some value from it. Do you have any thoughts or questions about our Amazon dropshipping method?
Comment down below to let us know. And don’t forget to share!