10 Actionable Steps After Starting Your First Shopify Store
1. Connect a new or existing email to your Shopify store. Gmail works great. (*Free)
2. Purchase and setup your domain name. We suggest GoDaddy. (*Around $15/year)
3. Submit your new site to Google Search Console. This is a tool used to index your website on Google. (*Free)
4. Sign up and install Google Analytics. Which you will use to track visitor and traffic metrics. (*Free)
5. Create social media profiles. The key here is not to stretch yourself too thin and first focus on 1-2 platforms. We like Facebook and Instagram. (*Free)
6. Setup and install retargeting pixels. Do this via both Facebook Pixel and Google Remarketing codes. (*Free)
7. Add more awesome products to your store. We strongly recommend to consider our strategy to leveraging Amazon as a dropship supplier. (*No investment up front)
8. Blog, blog, blog! Seriously, one of the most beneficial things you can do as a new business owners is share your brand’s story and offer valuable content in your space. (*Built in to Shopify)
9. Share killer content on your social media. Remember, don’t just sell, sell, sell. Build your following by funneling content to your audience. (*Free)
10. Launch a paid advertising campaign with Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram influencer shoutouts. Then follow up with an incredible re-marketing campaign to visitors of your site who were tracked using your retargeting codes. (*Paid)
Rinse and repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Be patient. When running a paid adversing campaign, expect a loss as first. Accept that and move on. This is the stage where you need to invest a little up front to gather data and built your retargeting lists. Majority of the money is made with effective remarketing.
That concludes this guide. I hope it brought value to you and your business.
Comment down below to let me know what you think and remember to share. Thanks!
Buy A Shopify StoreKickstart your next online business with our ready made Shopify stores. Save valuable time, money, and energy on design and development.
We create simplicity for our clients. Our Shopify stores are niche, well researched, and meticulously designed with you in mind.
Learn how you can become a successful entrepreneur, start your own business, and make money online with your own Shopify store.
Visit our free Shopify Academy to develop advanced marketing techniques and grow your online business with our guides.