10 First Actionable Steps After Launching Your New Shopify Store
1. Connect a new or existing email to your store. Gmail works great.
2. Purchase and setup your domain name. We suggest GoDaddy. You can also scoop up your domain name from Shopify directly.
3. Submit your new Shopify store to Google Search Console. This is a tool used to index your site on Google.
4. Sign up and install Google Analytics. Which you will use to track visitor and traffic metrics.
5. Create social media profiles. The key here is not to stretch yourself too thin and first focus on 1-2 platforms. We like Facebook and Instagram.
6. Setup and install retargeting pixels. Do this via both Facebook Pixel and Google Remarketing codes.
7. Add more awesome products to your Shopify store. We strongly recommend to consider our strategy to leveraging Amazon as a dropship supplier.
8. Blog, blog, blog! Seriously, one of the most beneficial things you can do for your Shopify store is share your brand’s story and offer valuable content in your space via blog.
9. Share killer content on your social media. Remember, don’t just sell, sell, sell. Build your following by funneling engaging content to your audience and providing actual value.
10. Launch a paid advertising campaign with Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram influencer shoutouts. Then follow up with an incredible re-marketing campaign to visitors of your Shopify store who were tracked using your retargeting codes.
Rinse and repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Be patient. When running a paid adversing campaign, expect a loss as first. Accept that and move on. This is the stage where you need to invest a little up front to gather data and built your retargeting lists. Majority of the money is made with effective remarketing.
Thanks for reading our 10 step checklist for the post-launch of your new Shopify store. We hope you gained some value from it. Do you have any questions about any of the steps we mentioned?
Comment down below to let us know. And don’t forget to share!