10 First Actionable Steps After Launching Your New Website
Today I’m going to outline ten crucial steps you should take after launching your first website. Refer back to this as your checklist.
1. Connect a new or existing email to your site. Gmail works great.
2. Purchase and setup your domain name. We suggest GoDaddy.
3. Submit your new site to Google Search Console. This is a tool used to index your website on Google.
4. Sign up and install Google Analytics. Which you will use to track visitor and traffic metrics.
5. Create social media profiles. The key here is not to stretch yourself too thin and first focus on 1-2 platforms. We like Facebook and Instagram.
6. Setup and install retargeting pixels. Do this via both Facebook Pixel and Google Remarketing codes.
7. Add more awesome products to your store. We strongly recommend to consider our strategy to leveraging Amazon as a dropship supplier.
8. Blog, blog, blog! Seriously, one of the most beneficial things you can do as a new business owners is share your brand’s story and offer valuable content in your space.
9. Share killer content on your social media. Remember, don’t just sell, sell, sell. Build your following by funneling content to your audience.
10. Launch a paid advertising campaign with Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram influencer shoutouts. Then follow up with an incredible re-marketing campaign to visitors of your site who were tracked using your retargeting codes.
Rinse and repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Be patient. When running a paid adversing campaign, expect a loss as first. Accept that and move on. This is the stage where you need to invest a little up front to gather data and built your retargeting lists. Majority of the money is made with effective remarketing.
Thanks for reading our 10 step checklist for the post-launch of your new website. We hope you gained some value from it. Do you have any questions about any of the steps we mentioned?
Comment down below to let us know. And don’t forget to share!
How can we afford to provide this free service?
We get this question a lot so we wanted to address it upfront. We want to be 100% transparent with our readers.
Our website contains some affiliate links. If you click on one of our recommended product links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
This is at no extra cost to you. So if you are going to buy one of these products, please consider clicking through one of our affiliate links.
It really helps us out and allows us to continue providing this free service. Buy us a coffee sometime! We do appreciate it.